Fashion Revolution Day




The last month or so I’ve been planning Fashion Revolution Day with a group of people that want to help make a change in the fashion industry.

In April 24th of 2013 the Rana Plaza factory in Bangladesh collapsed, where 1133 died and over 2500 were injured. These people worked for well-known fashion brands under the worst possible conditions. Since then Fashion Revolution is held annually on the same day of the catastrophe, in order to give producers a voice and educate consumers by showing them who made their clothes.

This is just a short introduction to what this incredible day is all about, and I encourage all of you to take a look at the website, read more about it, and help us make a revolution!

I am currently studying fashion design, a career that many think is quite materialistic, but it truly depends on how you take it. I knew from the very beginning I wanted to create work that could change and evolve the fashion bubble. Living in Lima and being surrounded by local brands where designers have a close relationship to the sewers and artisans has influenced me tremendously to have that too, if I decide to create my own label in the future.

It’s such a rewarding feeling being part of all this! So please please please, fashion obsessed or not, please take 5 minutes out of your day tomorrow by taking a photo of you wearing something inside out (to show the label), post it on any type of social media and ask the brand by tagging it “Who made my clothes?”, it’s that simple.

Let’s make a change!
--------
Para los que estan en Lima vengan al evento de mañana :La Moda Sostenible, el Futuro del Peru




0 comments:

Post a Comment