MY SHAKSHUKA SAVER


Hi folks. It's Sunday and my fridge is almost completely empty, so this morning as you can imagine I was going crazy trying to find a way to please my stomach. So while doing the usual scowling  down my pinterest feed I came across this Tunisian Arabic dish, Shakshuka. I quickly read  how to do it and took out everything I thought would go decent with it.

The 3 things that you absolutely need are: eggs, tomato sauce, and cheese. That's it.

But this is exactly what I used, and exactly how I did it, as the memory is still fresh from an hour ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 LEA LOREA'S SHAKSHUKA

2 eggs
2 cups of tomato sauce
1 tomato , diced 
1/3 sliced red onions
1 cup of grated goat cheese 
a pinch of black pepper + oregano + tarragon

Place the tomato sauce, the diced tomato and the sliced red onions on a frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes on high heat, stirring it occasionally. Then do two holes on opposite end of pan with a spoon and crack each egg on it. Sprinkle the cheese and all the spices, and let it cook for 3 minutes. After, lower the heat, cover the pan, and cook until eggs are almost completely cooked (the yolk should be a little runny). 
Tada! Serve hot and with some toast to eat it with! 

Bon Appetit.




0 comments:

Post a Comment